SAN ANTONIO MUSEUM OF ART
San Antonio Museum of Art seeks a Full Time Gallery Attendant to work in galleries of the Museum. Ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, and must enjoy interacting with the public. Position requires willingness to stand for long periods of time. Schedule will include holidays, weekends and evening hours. Prior customer service and security related experience is preferred; interest in art and enthusiasm for interacting with visitors is required.
- Observes and patrols Museum facilities to safeguard and protect assets, staff, public and collection.
- Reports unusual, suspicious or unsafe situations to supervisor, acts accordingly to supervisor instructions or set procedures.
- Follows procedures as set forth in the Post Orders manual.
- Issues courteous, concise and clear information to the public to provide for a safe and secure Museum experience.
- Monitors and inputs information into the Museum’s Fire and Security computer system.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Visitation Supervisor or Visitation Manager.
San Antonio Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this job posting describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
SAMA is committed to equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.