Part-time Program Assistant – Family, Public and Community Programs
San Antonio Museum of Art seeks a Part Time Museum Education professional to join our Education Department. This PT position will work closely with Family & Community Programs, Teacher & School Programs, and Public Programs Managers to develop and implement programming for First Sundays for Families, Haven for Hope and other Education and Community Programs as needed.
Must be able to fulfill 15 to 20 hours per week: including some evenings and weekends.
· Manage materials for Family and Community programs to include researching and developing in-gallery and studio activities, and prepping program materials.
· Utilize curriculum writing skills for Traveling Trunks and Educator Workshops.
· Lead START school partnership tours and art activities as needed.
Coordinate with the Public Programs Manager to develop and lead art activities for public programs, assist with lectures and other public programs as needed.
In collaboration with the Teacher and School Programs Manager, develop and lead gallery tours and art activities for educator workshops.
· Bachelor’s degree in studio art, art history, art education, museum education or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
· Knowledge of art history, world cultures and art genres and studio art techniques, materials and processes.
· Education experience in a museum, school, cultural or community organization.
· Early childhood or art education experience a plus.
· Bilingual skills preferred.
· Computer skills, excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Proficiency in Adobe Suite, graphic design and proofreading skills helpful.
Interested applicants may email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Antonio Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.